Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I am receiving an error code P0010 on my Hyundai Elantra

Customer Question

I am receiving an error code P0010 on my Hyundai Elantra 2004. I realized I had an issue with the car when it started to shift rough. So far I have: replaced camshaft positioning sensor, replaced input/output speed sensors, replaced oil control valve, cleaned oil control valve filter, replaced oil filter, replaced oil, checked wiring to camshaft positioning sensor, checked fuses...I took it to a mechanic and they readapted it which made it work better, but the rough shift came back. Something happened and I wound up with a radiator leak, I replaced the radiator and it is ok now. Recently my engine started to shake when it's idling and when it starts. In correlation with this, I have also started to get p0300-p0304 error codes (cylinder misfire. Also for some reason obd port acts funny sometimes and causes malfunction with my code readers. I'm getting tired of fighting with this engine, please help.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 28 days ago.

welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Those two codes are cylinder misfire codes, P0300 is for a random multiple miss fire and P0304 is for #4 cylinder miss fire, If you want to go further would you like to do a phone call or more Q&A

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
thank you for that, but I have read about the codes online, as well as receiving information about them from my code reader. I really think that the P0030, P0031, P0032, P0030, P0034 codes that I am getting are just the consequence of not fixing whatever caused the P0010 code.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I would be happy to get your opinion on that, it just seems like one led to the other

Well if you still have a rough idle then that's why the miss fire . what you can do is erase the codes and drive it to see what ones come back. Then if it's showing a cyl missfire there are things you can do to pinpoint what it is causing that.Why don't you do that and we can proceed from there?