Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

Got 2000/2001 Tibiron. new battery,nothing comes on.

Customer Question

got 2000/2001 Tibiron. new battery,nothing comes on. Nolights, no dings,no bells from key in ingition. no sign of life. please help
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 26 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 26 days ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 26 days ago.

Did you try to jump start the car prior to replacing the battery by chance?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
car not in front of me daughters car. tried to jump after. was told tried to jump,but no sucess. tried 2 new batteries. same ending. nothing. changed battery clamp on positive
Expert:  Mike V. replied 26 days ago.

Usually the issue when there isn't any life at all is either a bad connection, or the main 100 amp fusible link in the box under the hood. I am sending along a diagram of the fusible link location and have it highlighted. What I have seen time to time is the jumper cables hooked up either backwards for a split second or sometimes just making the connection will pop this link.

It has a clear top so you can look into it and see if it's blown. If you aren't sure, then it has to come out of the box and have it tested with a volt meter.

If it's bad, you will not have any power from the battery getting to the fuse boxes and there won't be any power to the car at all.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 22 days ago.

I haven't heard from you and was wondering if you needed further assistance with this or not?