Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have problem with my Hyundai sta fe 2001 have a code ono.

Customer Question

I have problem with my Hyundai sta fe 2001 have a code ono. PO760 Shift solenoid. I already replaced the speed input sensor but it seems the shifting gear not working. It stay only on one shift.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: This is 2001. I did not checked the brake switch yet
JA: What is the model of your '01 Hyundai?
Customer: 2.4 L 4 cylinder
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the mechanic and he replaced the speed input sensor and the error still appear PO 760
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you planning to diagnose and repair this yourself?

Can you give me a better description of the symptoms once shifted into drive? Does 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gears work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1st gear only

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I have a mechanic but he is not familiar with this problem

Based on what your mechanic said I would go elsewhere. You do not want to be the guinea pig for his learning experience.

The concerns which stick out. You have a solenoid code. Solenoids are internal on the valve body. Your mechanic replaced an external speed sensor that has nothing to do with the code you have.

Your issue is going to be the:

• UD clutch
  • 2nd brake
  • Fail safe valve A or B
  • 2nd solenoid

Diagnostics need to be done with the pan off to check the solenoid, its wiring, then check the associated valves. In the event those are all good an air test needs to be done on the internal components to see if there are seal leaks meaning a removal and overhaul is required.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris