Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

I have a sound coming from front passenger side tire are. My

Customer Question

I have a sound coming from front passenger side tire are. My son in law took the tire off and 2 ant sure and took a picture of what appears to have been scraping or broke I have a pic on my phone
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Lisa! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Any chance you can upload that pic to me? You can attach it to this thread using the "paper clip" icon.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it will take me a moment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I attached a pic
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sent of the passengers side front
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sent a pic
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get the pic
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why am I not getting an answ3?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay, Lisa. Got tied up with another customer longer than expected. Any chance I can get a pic of it from a couple steps back, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/517BUJsE/FB_IMG_1474127341951.jpg
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1474127341951.jpg
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ron did you get the pic just now?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

I did Lisa. It's a bit too close of a view. Can you take a few steps back and give me more of a general view please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Of
K
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Great, thanks! That'll help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is the only pic he took
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Ok. It's a little close for me to tell for sure... but it appears this is a control arm bushing. The bushing is not repairable as a stand-alone item. The control arm as an assembly will need to be replaced (the new control arm comes pre-loaded with new bushings). The arm sells for around $273 and the Labor Time Guide calls for a little under an hour to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it safe to drive
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

I would not recommend driving the vehicle very far or very long, no. The control arm is a major part of the front suspension. If this is to complete break off, this will affect steering and vehicle stability. Be careful!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..