George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

No response to keys, Was left in the car overnight by

Customer Question

No response to keys
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: Was left in the car overnight by mistake.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: Getz 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Won't even lock and unlock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was running perfectly well last night. No starter problems. My suspicion is the engine immobiliser
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. On these vehicles - you switch the ign on - and you should get a symbol of a car with a key in it - on , on the dash.. The car has to be started while that light is on. Thats the overview..

If the light flashes or goes off when trying to start, the system has a fault somewhere..

If the system is "normal" as above, then you must have a different fault causing the poor starting which can be any one of the sensors playing up- or something other - but, it would need to go on a suitable diagnostic machine to check these systems / sensors etc out as you can't do that on these on a DIY basis Im afraid.. thats just the way it is these days with these modern vehilces..

In any event then, I know its not what you may want to here - but the car is seemingly going to have to go back on the diagnostic machine one way or the other..

Prior to that, what you need to do is determine , if you can, by observing that light as above - whether its an immobilser issue or other and then you can advise teh garage from there..

Too - if and when its playing up - try your other key/s ... just in case you have a faulty key. The keys have been reprogrammed but it doesn't mean one or the other is not faulty...

So work through as above and then act on the results therefrom as above..

I Sincerely hope I have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help.

checking in to see how its going