Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Nav screen is frozen with legal language. 2010 Genesis 4.6.

Customer Question

Nav screen is frozen with legal language. 2010 Genesis 4.6. Radio works and I can change presets on steering wheel, but nothing else works: not turning or pusing the control wheel or pushing any of the buttons around it
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: Power steering is fine...I didn't mean steering wheel, meant DIS control wheel
JA: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's basically it with that new problem... Unrelated I have a problem for 6 months that neither of my outlets or USB work to power up phones. I tried the cord and power in other vehicles and they work fine, so the problem is with the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Unfortunatley the Nav screen has to be replaced .

You Can try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and sometimes that reset the system. but that want be a permanent fix

There is a lot of companies online that offer a rebuild service for the unit where you can send yours in , be cheaper than dealer or taking a chance on another used one that could be bad also.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician