George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

2004 Hyundai Santa fe 3.5 l have replaced timing belt and

Customer Question

2004 Hyundai Santa fe 3.5 l have replaced timing belt and crank sencor car ran fine for 20 miles . Killed engine then engine want refire .timing marks are by the book still no crank.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure and good compression. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to check each one of these things to determine which you are lacking. If you can do this as well as scanning the computer system and post back with the results I will help you get this figured out and resolved.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Got no way to scan computer. Everything else checks out
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay if you are sure you have good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure what are your compression readings?