Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

Its misfiring and accelerating rough, its 2006, santa fe,

Customer Question

hi its misfiring and accelerating rough
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: its 2006
JA: What is the model of your '06 Hyundai?
Customer: santa fe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah ... i changed O2 sensor camshaft sensor checked the air thrttle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the engine check sign is there and the code reads po343
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer ans allowing me to assist you. let me check my notes and get back in a few

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Were is the answer ! I want answers

ok the code you are experiencing is a camshaft position sensor.

The Camshaft Position Sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the camshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module(ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The camshaft position sensor senses the retraction of camshaft (intake) to identify a particular cylinder. The camshaft position sensor senses the piston position. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.When the crankshaft position sensor (POS) system becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals. This will give you those symptoms and should be addressed before looking elsewhere Hope this helps your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.