Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

THE SENSOR LIGHT FOR THE TAILGATE STAYS ON., WE HAD A

Customer Question

THE SENSOR LIGHT FOR THE TAILGATE STAYS ON., WE HAD A PROBLEM GETTING THE SPARE TIRE IN PLACE AND SOMHOW THE PERSON WHO WORKED ON THIS MESSUP THE CONNECTION. THE DOOR CLOSES AND LOCKS BUT THAT LIGHT STAYS ON. I HADN'T DRIVEN FOR 3 DAYS AND 4TH DAY THE BATTERY WAS DEAD SO I NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: NO, I DON'T KNOW EHRE THE DO0POR SWITCH IS AND I HAVEN'T MESSED WITH THE FUSES. DOES IT SHOW WHICH FUSE MAKES THE SENSOR WORK? iF SO COULD I JUST REMOVE IT?
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2002 SANTA FE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: MY GRANDSON IS THE AUTO EXPERT AND I WILL PASS THE INFO ON TO HIM. WE HAVE NOT TRIED ANYTHING AS YET.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO, WHAT I TOLD YOU SUMS IT UP.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I STILL NEED HELP

Here is a wire diagram if needed. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/etacs1.pdf

The sensor grounds the circuit when the sensor sees the door open. This can be a out of adjustment door, faulty sensor, or damaged wiring.

The switch is inside the tailgate mounted on the door latch. Can you test the wires there using a OHM meter?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my grandson will have time tomorrow to test the wires. We will be back in touch. Thank you. Marianne

Super.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Chris, I do not think he checked it today. I will send him a text to remind him. M

OKay

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris