Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited Trunks pops open while driving,

Customer Question

2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited
Trunks pops open while driving, parked or whether car is on or off
Clicking noise in the dash after it pops open (not the same as the trunk release sounds)
Leaving the fob at home did not resolve the issue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still need help.

A faulty BCM, faulty ground wire from the BCM to the passenger compartment fuse panel, or faulty trunk lid relay would be to blame. If you can do some electrical wire testing and work I can help you diagnose this with a volt meter.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris