350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

Issue with timing marks lining up after replacement of belt

Customer Question

issue with timing marks lining up after replacement of belt
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

as long as the crank pulley marks and cam marks and the balance shaft marks all match up as they should then thats all you have to worry about as the oil pump is not timing critical

this datasheet should help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have looked at answer and continued my repair. But vehicle will not start. I believe I need to tear down and recheck marks and compression.
Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

if the compression test shows up as you have 2 low cylinders then yes I'd agree that the cam timing may still be out

so providing the engine turns freely then its well worth checking all cylinders are within 10-15 psi of each other

Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you