Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

I have a hyundai sonata 2002 replaced the starter..tried

Customer Question

I have a hyundai sonata 2002 replaced the starter..tried starting it kept blwing fuse for the computer. Got it towed to mechanic and he calls and says that he cant any teading at all on the car computer and need to take it to hyundai dealership....can u help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

I believe the issue these had with blowing that fuse was the transmission range sensor or the wiring to it. Have him unplug the range sensor and see if the fuse still blows. If it does, tell him to check the wiring from the sensor to the harness. If it all looks good let me know and I will open this back up to the other experts.

If it resolves the issue, please rate my answer.

Thank you.