Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 tuscon and when the key is taken out of the ignition

Customer Question

2006 tuscon and when the key is taken out of the ignition won't fully turn off ie door chimes will sound - even though everything is off.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The is the original key for the vehicle - so at least somewhat worn
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend is working on it - and now it won't start at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SUV will run fine. It is put park and the key is turned to the off position and removed.
Most recently vehicle ran fine the evening before. My daughter tells me sometimes in order for the vehicle to turn off - move the steering wheel and put the key in and out of the ignition moving through the different positions until it works itself out.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Did I understand correct, you turn the key off, remove the key, open the door and chime goes off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

If this is not the headlight type chime your hearing then its the key in switch chime. There is a switch at the ignition cylinder that detects when the key is in and out of the lock cylinder. This switch can stick or brake and cause this concern.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Apparently it's the ECU Module

Glad you got it resolved.