Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

2003 hyundai XG350L. Rear lights/Brake lights will not shut

Customer Question

2003 hyundai XG350L. Rear lights/Brake lights will not shut off, even after engine is shut off and keys are removed.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

When teh brake lights remain on even with the vehicle off, this is going to be a problem with the Stop Lamp Switch. It's located under the driver's side dash, mounted to the top of the brake pedal arm (for an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/evQ0vg). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the switch mount and contact points for any broken or misaligned parts. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the switch will solve the problem. These are actually well known problem items on these vehicles. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

If there's any other questions you had on this issue, or you like an estimate for cost to repair, please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did replacing the stop lamp switch solve the problem? Did you have any other questions? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

..