peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

The engine of mine hyundai tucson 2008 gasoline 2.0, after a

Customer Question

Hi there, the engine of mine hyundai tucson 2008 gasoline 2.0, after a while, when the engine gets warm the engine start a strange noise like cans hitting each other, sometime it goes off but other remain sounding a lot...
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There can be an issue with oil sludge build up in the oil drains in the cylinder head or oil pick up tube in the engine oil pan that will cause this issue here with lower then normal engine oil pressure.I have seen this before and had to dissasemble the engine to clean it or remove the oil pan and clean the oil pick up tube to correct this type of fault.

I have also seen where an engine oil pump or oil pressure regulator can intermittently act up and cause this noise here with them needing replaced.If it is acting up now I would have an engine oil pressure test done with a manual test gauge to see if this is an engine oil pressure issue.If found to be an issue then these need checked into.

The only other thing I have seen is issues with the timing chain tensioner as it can act up causing this but if this has already been replaced most likely it is o.k.Since the noise did go away at first when the components were replaced but then came back again this can be an engine oil sludge build up needing cleaned or an oil pump fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete