Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair
94946450

I have a 2002 4cyl Santa fe the water doesn't seem to

Customer Question

I have a 2002 4cyl Santa fe the water doesn't seem to circulate. The top hose gets hot but the hose that comes from the thermostat doesn't get hot. I removed the thermostat and tested it in hot water and it functioned fully. The heater makes lots of heat .The fans don't come on. How can I know if the water pump is functioning?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Cary York replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

When the coolant temp reaches operating temp, does the heater inside the vehicle get hot?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does the heater gets nice and hot and when it reaches operating temp the top rad hose is very hot and the bottom one at the thermostat is still stone cold.

Sorry for the delay. Just got off work. If the heater is working then the water pump is circulating the coolant through the heater core and of course circulating or at least trying to, through the cooling system. If the thermostat is good I would suspect a clogged or partially clogged radiator.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue to discussion.