George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I am planning to buy an 2014 Hyundai Sonata limited edition

Customer Question

I am planning to buy an 2014 Hyundai Sonata limited edition and fully loaded with 57000 miles on it. What do you think is the life span of this car (miles) ???
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

1-the 57000 miles is actually what you expect to see as far as mileage on 2014, since the average mileage for normal use is 15000 miles a year . so mileage is good

2- I would take it to the dealer and pay a service inspection fee, let them run a diagnostic test to retrieve any codes or see if there is what we call Pending codes are waiting to come out

3- also let them check the transmission fluid and to check it has been serviced for fluid ,since at 60,000 miles I would recommend d to change that fluid no matter if it is acting up or not

4- also when you take it to dealer let them run the vin # to see what if any recalls for this car has been performed and if they have not been done to be done at dealer expense ,since recalls are covered fully by the manufacture .

5- the life span on the car i think will be very good , if regular maintenance has been performed, my experience you should not have any major issues if any before the 100k .

this vehicle has timing chain and not timing belt,so no service is needed on it as far as vehicle with timing belt is recommended to be changed at 100k ,so that is a plus

6- Hyundai came a long way since when they started in u.s market, there prices are close to a Honda and a Toyota , i personal think it is a great car

7- are you looking for the 2.0 liter turbo or 2.4 liter or the hybrid one ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat