cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I'm on vacation and the engine light on my 1993 Hyundai

Customer Question

Hi - I'm on vacation and the engine light on my 1993 Hyundai Elantra 26000 miles came on. I pulled over turned it off and turned it back on. The engine light didn't come on. Then we drove for 30 miles or so anditcameback on. Is it safe to drive a short distance?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 7 months ago.

yes it is safe to drive a short distance you can stop by any parts store and have them read the code for you and it will tell you what the problem is

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks very much. Since my mileage is so low is it likely that it's my catalytic converter?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 7 months ago.

not very likely with that low of mileage but it is hard to say what it is without the code its giving could be anything from the gas cap not sealing properly more then likely its something really simple if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance