eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

My fuel system is running to. How do I fix it? I think the

Customer Question

My fuel system is running to rich. How do I fix it? I think the code was code was vague , 2000 accent 1.5 single basic modle
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

po172?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No like p1403, i dont remember exactly . It dis say ro rich but couldnt pin point. Check engine problems, changed evap canister , charcol new from hyundai, cam,crank,throttle sensors. New filters,plugs,wires,maf sensor .need to get it smoged! The code said it could be a vapor leak and start at the throttle sensor. HELPPP
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

i need the exact code can you get it for me?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Give me a minuite
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont have the reader here , i looked back in my phone history, maybe p1401. It was very un clear when i looked up the code except possible vapor leak. It has hard starts in the morning , i have to pump it and holdthe gas peddle for a minuite then its fine. Reset the lite, however it stalled and came back on. I just want to fix it!! Ugh! I use it to commute
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

?thats a charcoal cannister code anyway to verify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We just changed it. New from hyundai, besides the code,, what will cause it to run rich?
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

well thats not a rich code..so kinda curious at what the code is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have it now, i can scan it tomarrow. What can cause it to run rich? Leak? Sensor?
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

map or maf sensor generally

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We did the maf sensor, not map. What is the map sensor and what is it do
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

map and maf are 1 in the same....how do we know its running rich?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The light came back on and the code said it, like i said it was not a clear code "generic" and said start at the throttle body sensor(done) . In the morning its like an old car and have to pump the gas , start it and hold the peddle down on the gas, it sputters and stalls if i dont. After a minuite its fine. Also when it idles for a while it will smoke a little. Your hyundai certified right? Ive worked on cars my whole life and do wholesale retail at NAPA asked and reserched, its been one thing after another. One code is fixed and clear and another comes on. I need a hyundai specialist. Thats what i thought this site is? Im frustraited and done spending money!! According to on line these have alot of issues with fuel , emissions. Please ive given the symptoms , i just need to know what it could be since ive fixed all the things in my above email.
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

yes am master certified...but not giving me the code makes it difficult...rich code is po172 or ;po175...trying to figure out the exact trouble code thats the first step in any diagnosis... and if it is p1403 thats a charcoal cannister code so your testing sounds incorrect...can you verify the DTC....?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its the p0175. I just read it . It does have a slight miss fire on the freeway. Solutions?
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

do you have a scan tool? can you read live data? po175 would be for bank 2...which this is a 4 cylinder so it only has 1 bank. so if someone told you that was the code they were not being truthful..what are you using as a scan tool?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nope you're right it is the other one I just read that one. I'm using the scanner myself and reading that OBD scans. It was clear on what it said on the scanner you can put the car make model and year in it and it told me. The scanner is at work and I'm at home so I don't have it right now I apologize, just really frustrated with this car. Period I fix so much stuff on it just to get the damn thing smoged. Just when it's clear all the sudden the light will come back on and it's a whole Nother thing. So with that where should I start? I don't want to keep fixing stuff and have it never end up being clear. All the sensors and everything else isn't cheap, however I'm glad I get a ten percent above cost discount. I was going to change the O2 sensors however if there sensing that the fuel is too rich is it going to be a different problem and not just the sensors? Does it sound like the sensors are working properly and telling me that?
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

can you grab the scanner from work or run to a parts stores so we can be 100 percent sure of what codes we have, id rather not waste our time and your money without 100% knowing any and all codes...is that fair?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its almost 10, i have to do it in the am. Im in cali, ill go check it around 10 in the am and let you know , ill email you back then
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

sure

Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.
You grab the codes