George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe with an intermittent starting

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe with an intermittent starting problem. For the most part it turns over but with increasing frequency we cannot easily start the car. Essentially we turn the key, all lights on the dashboard, AC, radio etc. come up but the car doesn’t crank or turn over. Once that happens, it generally takes 3 or 4 attempts to start. I have some videos here demonstrating the issue since it is hard to explain
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hnqdusux2t4v8va/AAD0GjG5g1x3NQ_i14h2BjvZa?dl=0
I have brought it to the dealership multiple times, left the car with them for days to troubleshoot. They replaced the fuel pump, fixed an issue with a ground wire but to no avail. They’re stuck and I am stuck. Any ideas? I would be so grateful for some insight. My 16 year old son has just started driving and I hate the thought of him starting out in an unreliable car. Thanks!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Sorry for your issues, my name is ***** ***** me gather some info and we'll get this figured out.

ok, do you know if they checked the battery terminals for being clean and tight? also the battery negativr cable where it is attached at the block for being clean and tight and finally the battery positive on the starter for being clean and tight

hello????

do you still need assistance?