Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Mobile Electronics over 30 years
1609972

Trying to locate the relay on our 2011 sonata, 105,000 miles

Customer Question

trying to locate the flasher relay on our 2011 sonata
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 105,000 miles and we just replaced the battery about 2 years ago. While on a trip to Alabama last week this all started plus there is a constant clicking sound coming from the left side near the fuse box there and the seat belt alarm goes off for about 5 minutes after stopping for instance at a stop light and everyone has their seat belts on properly
JA: What is the model of your '11 Hyundai?
Customer: 2011 GLS Sonata
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we are, on a limited income, he has checked all the fuses, done some research online, has checked everything but the flasher relay and he can not find it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the turn signals do not work, emergency flashers do not work, power windows do not work but the drivers power window does work, trunk release does not work checked all lighting bulbs and they are all good
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.

Hi ,

The flasher relay you will find behind the left side dash .as shown in the attached diagram .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You actually only provided a partial answer to the questions I asked. I also asked if the relays could be causing the clicking sound from down around the fuse box on the drivers side and which relay or relays could it be because the turn signals, passenger side and back power windows will not work, trunk release will not work, and even with seat belts on properly the seat belt buzzer goes off for 3 to 5 minutes after hitting the brakes at any point while driving. These were questions that were never answered
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.

This is what you originally posted:

Customer

JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 105,000 miles and we just replaced the battery about 2 years ago. While on a trip to Alabama last week this all started plus there is a constant clicking sound coming from the left side near the fuse box there and the seat belt alarm goes off for about 5 minutes after stopping for instance at a stop light and everyone has their seat belts on properly
JA: What is the model of your '11 Hyundai?
Customer: 2011 GLS Sonata
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we are, on a limited income, he has checked all the fuses, done some research online, has checked everything but the flasher relay and he can not find it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the turn signals do not work, emergency flashers do not work, power windows do not work but the drivers power window does work, trunk release does not work checked all lighting bulbs and they are all good.

.

No where does your question say:

.

We can only answer from the info you provide........perhaps there was a site issue or you did not post the "total Questions"
You may want to "repost" the "corrected version" of your question to see if someone can help
thanks
I will opt out & relist this for you

.