K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

2001 Hyundai elantra need to replace tranny filter and fluid

Customer Question

2001 Hyundai elantra need to replace tranny filter and fluid also need to change fuel filter hows the best way to do it
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Earlier elantras had a spin on transmission filter like an engine oil filter. The cut off date was 1/5/01 after that there was no filter that was serviceable, so you would just do a flid change. I'll post info on both below.

The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank. You'll have to remove the lower back seat cushion by pushing back and lifitng up on the front then removing the access cover. There's two banjo or eye bolts that hold the lines to the filter and a clamp.

If I can help further just reply back