Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Fuse 30 blows every time I turn the car on....any idea? Yes,

Customer Question

fuse 30 blows every time I turn the car on....any idea?
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS V^ 2.5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checking fuses...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just finish the time belt replacement this weekend, it did it before but now almost daily
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that fuse 30a on the fuse box... which controls the car from starting, moon roof and head lights...
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
help!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am available anytime, need to resolve this issue quickly.

In the link below, which fuse is #30?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/fuse30.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fuse 30A ignition switch 2
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IG2
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IG2 start

Does the fuse blow when the key is turned to the run position or when turned to the start position?

If you remove the starter relay under the hood does the fuse no longer fail?

If the starter relay removed resolves the concern then check the signal wire from the fuse box to the starter motor to see if its chaffed and grounded. If its not then remove the purple wire from the starter and try another fuse and install the relay. If the circuit no longer blows the fuse then its the starter to blame.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me give it a try, I will say this, that about a year ago I change out the starter, and I do hear the starter stick from time to time, especial on super hot days. My money is on the starter, but what will cause the starter to do that when it barley a year old (new starter)?

A cheap aftermarket starter, starter wiring or relay concerns, damaged flex plate. Any of those can cause a stater to stay engaged.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris