Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified

My hyundai 2004 sante fe 3.5l will not start.It will crank

Customer Question

My hyundai 2004 sante fe 3.5l will not start.It will crank but will not start. There is also not no communications with the ECM Nothing will scan on scan tool. I have replaced the ECM with two other computers with no results! What gives??
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: I have hot wired the fuel pump and it pumps fuel . no spark on any plugs. The computer will not turn on the fuel pump and will give no information to the scan tool . Scan tool says that there is no communication with scan tool.
JA: What is the model of your '04 Hyundai?
Customer: Sante fe AWD LS 3.5l engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed out the computer , New crank sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: before this happened the car lost the tach . I also replaced the missfire sensor because I was getting no tach before it totally stopped working with no start -no obd communications!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, and proper fuel pressure. If you can go in and check each one of these things and post back with which of these you are lacking I will see if I can help you get this resolved.