Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra with 30000 miles. The light to

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra with 30000 miles. The light to check emissions came on today, Friday. I'm supposed to drive about 300 miles round trip this weekend. Is that advisable?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The light in the dash board that came on today.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing as I am at work and have called the dealership four times, but they are busy. I just want to know, with so little miles, if I can take this short trip and fix it when I return.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

You should be fine on the drive. You could take it to any auto parts store to get a free scan. Then we can make a better decision of what to do with your error light. Check you fuel cap and make sure it is tight. Loose cap can cause a light to come on.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan