Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I need to replace the "bushing" or "" brake pedal. Where the

Customer Question

Hi, I need to replace the "bushing" or "nut" for the brake pedal. Where the pedal engages the brake light (ie, I know it is located on the driver side, in the cabin up under the dash. I located where it broke from. I just need to replace that piece. Can you help. Thanks, ***** ***** a 2005 Hyundai Tuscon. Thanks Sharon
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tested the dashboard light bulbs?
Customer: Hi, I need to replace the "bushing" or "nut" for the brake pedal. Where the pedal engages the brake light (ie, I know it is located on the driver side, in the cabin up under the dash. I located where it broke from. I just need to replace that piece. Can you help. Thanks, ***** ***** a 2005 Hyundai Tuscon. Thanks Sharon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I located where it broke from. I just need to replace that piece. Can you help. Thanks, ***** ***** a 2005 Hyundai Tuscon. I disconnected the brake lights otherwhise they would stay on and burn out the battery. Thanks Sharon
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi Sharon.

Is the piece you referring to the same on this video (click here to see)? If so, you can get one of those trim panel fasteners at any auto parts store.

However, if that's not the piece, would you take a pic of it and upload it so I could see it?

Best Regards.