George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

My daughter has a 2005 Tucson that a year ago after sitting

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2005 Tucson that a year ago after sitting a week started but would not go over 40mph. I had her turn it off and wait about ten minutes and it started and ran fine.
It has been good for this past year until Friday when it did the same thing. She pulled over and waited about ten minutes and it started and ran fine but I had her take it to a dealer to check to see if any codes came up. They told her it was missing on two cylinder although it has run fine without any missing. They said her whole exhaust system was shot, the crank sensor is bad, and it needs plugs and wires. $3,800 for the exhaust, $1400 to change a $30 dollar cranks sensor, $600 to change the plugs and wires. To told her to take it home and I would pick it up to have it checked out, when she left the dealer it ran so terribly that she had a hard time making 3 miles to home even though it ran fine when she drove it in. Any thoughts on what the initial problem might be?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

and codes ?