Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

I got the airbag codes B1346 & B1481. The dealer told me its

Customer Question

I got the airbag codes B1346 & B1481. The dealer told me its a clockspring issue and replaced it. After a day I got the airbag light on again. Two days later the light went away. From then its comes up sometimes and goes away by itself. Any idea on what could be the problem ?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also my steering angle sensor is out of calibration as the steering wheel is off-center. Does that cause the airbag light to turn on?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The steering wheel off center won't set any airbag codes. More likely high resistance in the driver's side airbag.

B1346 Driver Airbag Resistance too High (1st stage)

B1481 Driver Airbag Resistance too High (2nd stage)

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions for both codes in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The dealer has tested everything and all my controls and horn work but I still get the airbag light. What could be the reason for it ? Is it the clockspring or some other wiring?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

The tests would have to be done to be 100% sure. However, you had stated that the clock spring was done. Therefore it would more than likely be in the airbag itself, thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there any simple way to check if the airbag itself is faulty ?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Just by doing the tests.