eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified

I have a 2001 hyundia santa fe and I just replaced all foer

Customer Question

I have a 2001 hyundia santa fe and I just replaced all foer brakes it locked up so bad the car overheated. this only seems to happen when the car gets hot. but it gets so hot I can smell ruber burning from the bracke pads. this is after we replaced the brakes but not the calipers. could it be the calipers or the master cylinder? this is the third time I have broken down this week. I love this car and just want it fixed. please help.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: I was advised that the fan was not going on and that is why it was overheating but would that lock the breaks?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have a friend who has been a Mechanic for 30 years and he did the work on the brakes. it only locks up when the car gets hot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

have you checked the calipers? but if all 4 are locking p its pointing at the master cylinder