George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Could you please help me figure out this AC problem. If you

Customer Question

Could you please help me figure out this AC problem. If you could read this thread and can we go from there.
http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/49bc18fbfaec4dbeb2721050de9c3518?al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewanswer_bu&utm_campaign=answer_notify&r=nte%7C2016-07-09_pdcJaUsTrxAnswerNotify%7Cln=viewanswer_bu
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gene replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I have read through you question regarding the ac system thermistor. I see you have been given wiring diagrams and worked with other experts. What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have ruled out the Thermistor, Where is the pressure switch located at. Can I jumper something to see if the compressor will kick in? Was told by dealership that they needed to go to the dash.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am at wits end here and its hot as hell. The AC seems to have stopped working totally now, when I turn it on I can see the RPM change but no cold air.
Expert:  Gene replied 9 months ago.

Ok so the compressor clutch isnt coming on at all, are the cooling fans turning on when you turn on the ac? Are you sure the system has a full charge of freon? WHich engine is in this santa fe?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just took it to the dealership a week ago friday. They said it was a half pound low and charged it. Then they were running it and it blew hot. Well long story short they said the did all they could and needed it for another day as he mentioned it was time to go under the dash. It is a 3.5L
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The last person who answered said I need to check the 3 way pressure switch and I havnt heard back from him since. I dont know where it is exactly
Expert:  Gene replied 9 months ago.

Ok so now the compressor isnt coming on? A high or low system pressure switch or switch inside for the cabin temperature? When the ac was operating and blowing hot, that says something right there, either a restriction or failed compressor

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, it works or was working intermittently.. If like I said the engine RPM's change, it tells me the compressor is coming on. The Condenser fan is running but it does not go into high speed. The Dealership like I mentioned said the compressor was good. Please read the post from this earlier as I posted from K. Wiggens
Expert:  Gene replied 9 months ago.

I read the post, just because the rpms change, doesnt mean the clutch is engaged, there is no 3 way pressure switch, its high or low pressure. id need to know if its an automatic or manual ac system to provide schematic which you already have from the last expert. You have to verify when the ac is on if the clutch is on or not. A set of gauges to check low and high system pressure are needed to check the operation of the compressor.

Expert:  Gene replied 9 months ago.

Im trying to help, sometimes it best to start from scratch. I dont know why you pulled it from the dealer if you already had it there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Because they had it all day on a Friday and they dont work on saturdays, I live 300 miles away and had to be at work on the 5th of july which they wanted to go into dash at that point.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please let me get someone who has high ratings, no offense but it is hot here and I am running out of time and money.