Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

The liftgate of my 2012 santa fe is stuck

Customer Question

the liftgate of my 2012 santa fe is stuck
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The lift gate lock solenoid could be bad. You need to remove the trim panel from inside the vehicle. You will then be able to manually open the gate. Once that is open you should be able to verify the problem by checking voltage at the connector, while pushing the lock switch. If you have voltage then its safe to say the lock solenoid is the problem and needs to be replaced.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I manually open the gate?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You need to remove the interior trim panel to access the latch. You can then take a screwdriver and pull up on the latch to open the gate.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan