rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Won't start, No, December 2015. 07 entourage, Yes, No,

Customer Question

Won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No, December 2015.
JA: What is the model of your '15 Hyundai?
Customer: 07 entourage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Okay, if the engine does NOT even crank, we do need to start with checking the battery for a full charge, and then LOAD testing it. From there, we check both terminals at both ends for tightness and corrosion. Lastly, the starter can be at fault.

thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Also, if ALL these items test good, it's possible that the security system is causing this and you would need a scan tool attached to the system to find out why.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already checked that. Everything I researched on line points to the small fuse box at the drivers side left knee.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Okay, so where did that lead you? The scan tool will tel you all that you need to know.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's called the IPM. Any idea the cost of the IPM?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've tried to locate one online, but can't find one.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Only the dealer would have that, and I don't have their pricing. However, I'm betting it would be much cheaper and easier to attache a scan tool and find out for sure, that's why they exist:)

Thanks again for your question, and please remember to rate me so i get credit for helping you with the correct answers.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't start to get it to A scan tool.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Sorry I can't solve that problem, but it is needed to do this work. I hope you don't let this bad news effect my rating for helping you and telling you the truth.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was really looking for someone with Hyundai specific advice. Not general trouble shooting.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

This is VERY real, and NOT general at all. It's a VERY simple NO START issue that needs specific diagnostics to get diagnosed correctly. I'm sorry you don't have the tools to accomplish this, but that is NOT my fault and should NOT effect my rating. I gave you valid and truthful information. There are no magic answers for this one.

Thanks again, and please be fair with me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In fairness, you know that's general advice. Not Hyundai specific. I will be fair. But it sounds like to me you're fishing for a good rating, more than a solution. I was looking toward this site, as I have before, for something that would be specific to my model and problem. All you had to do is let me know that you're not familiar with a problem to this model. Not offer up the basic steps that can be found for free all over the Internet. When you go to a pay site you expect a little more.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

There is nothing specific or I would have told you that right off the bat and not wasted our time. I have ALL of the Hyundai data and information at my fingertips and checked it all for you before replying anything at all.

Thanks again, Ron