Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The fuse blows when you switch on fan, Just got the car.

Customer Question

The fuse for fan blows when you switch on fan
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Just got the car. took out the fan. unhooked the switch. when i hook in the switch and turn it on the fuse blows
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2003 elontra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix it my self. the black wire goes to ground. the switch switches to that ground on the first fan setting. I do not know what the black wire is for. i suspect is to let teh AC come on when the fan is on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have blown my last 10 amp fuse so i have to go back to the store to continue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Not many techs online today and we are busy busy. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this concern if you still want or need help?

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this electrical short..

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris