rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Replaced fuel pump runs great then it will act up have to

Customer Question

replaced fuel pump runs great then it will act up have to floor it to start sometimes no codes either
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

When you have to hold the pedal to the floor on a injected car, that means you activate "clear flood" mode, meaning that it's getting too much fuel. You may want to scan the computer system checking your fuel trims and also check your fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok thanks ron we are a 30 year repair service garage just like second opions this is all from customer also I'm taking this out in a little see what it does for me ok it started right up today ran fine ok ty

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

No problem, just let me know if you need anything else, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

test drove this suv over 20 miles not a miss runs perfect the only thing I'm doing diff then here is the keys but there saying there just a blank key that year no chip

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Great, please remember to rate me for my time.
Thanks again,