Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Check engine light comes on and goes off intermittently.

Customer Question

Check engine light comes on and goes off intermittently. Code is P200a. Any ideas?
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: It is solid. Then sometimes when I start the vehicle it is off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2011 Santa Fe Limited 4cyl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had OReiileys plug in and get the code when it was lit up.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Wondering what the fix is for that code or multiple possible things?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was told I would have to pay a refundable $5 "good faith" deposit and you guys just hit my PayPal for $20 !!!
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.

That is a known issue and there is a Technical Service Bulletin out on it. You just need to get it to the dealer for a programming update. Nothing to worry about, it is a quick and simple update.

Here is the basic info on the TSB

JUNE, 2011

This bulletin provides a procedure to update the ECM for 2011 Santa Fe 2.4L (CM) vehicles with revised logic for Diagnostic Trouble Code P200A (Intake Manifold Runner Performance - Bank 1).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to address my other question about why I was told I would be charged five dollars and got charged 20 Are you going to address my other question about why I was told I would be charged five dollars and got charged 20 instead?

I'm sorry. All us experts do is handle the technical aspects of the question. For all other matters, please contact customer service at

Best Regards.