George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My sonata has a problem with starting. Some times you have

Customer Question

My sonata has a problem with starting. Some times you have to turn the key on and off 100 times before to turns over. It has been seen by 3 different mechanic's.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It in in park. Sometimes I put it in Neutral and it starts. I'm not sure what Wheel Lock is?
JA: What year is your Sonata?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We changed the security Code. The Hyundai dealer made me a new Key. I guess he thought that would help.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes . That it's a Hyundai problem and I heard that others are having problems of the same
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

When this happens do you hear a click from the starter and the engine just won't crank?