Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I put my key in the car and the lights come on and

Customer Question

I put my key in the car and the lights come on and everything but when I try to turn it, it's like it's locked. So I press the breaks and turn the steering wheel. I play with the key. It won't budge
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

So the key will not turn from the off position?

Is the steering locked unable to move?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the key stays at off and the steering wheel is locked but all the lights and stuff come on

Thanks we may be able to resolve this by just unlocking the steering. Set the parking brake and use a jack(s) to raise both front vehicles off the ground to relieve the tension on the steering then try to turn the steering wheel and key. If that too fails then its the tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder that have failed. A new ignition will need to be built to match your keys and your cylinder replaced.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My key was worn out. Needed a new one

Glad you got it resolved.