eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

HOW TO GET RIGHT REAR AXLE OUT 2005 SANTA FE 4 WHEEL DRIVE,

Customer Question

HOW TO GET RIGHT REAR AXLE OUT 2005 SANTA FE*****
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: 12500 FIRST TIME
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE BEARING OUT TO CHANGE BACKING PLATE NOWW NEED TO CHANGE AXLE
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

give me a couple minutes and i can pull this information up for you

Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

REAR DRIVESHAFT (DOJ-BJ TYPE)
REMOVAL

1. Remove the aluminum wheel cover using a flat-blade screwdriver.
  2. Raise the vehicle and remove the wheel.
  3. Remove the split pin from the rear hub and driveshaft nut.
  4. Remove the spare tire and support the hanger of the main muffler to avoid interference with the differential carrier in removing the right hand side driveshaft.

1. After making matchmarks on the propeller rubber coupling and differential flange, remove the mounting bolts and nuts.

1. Remove the differential mounting bolts and nuts while the differential carrier is supported by jack.

1. Remove the driveshaft from the differential carrier by inserting a pry bar between the differential carrier and the driveshaft.

1. After lowering the jack, move the differential carrier to the rear, and then remove it.
  2. Using a plastic hammer, disconnect the rear driveshaft from the rear axle hub.

CAUTION:

• Use a pry bar to avoid damage to the joint
  • If you pull the driveshaft with excessive force, components inside the pint can be loosened and cause the boot to be torn or the bearing tube damaged.
  • Plug the transaxle case opening with an oil seal cap in order to avoid contamination.
  • Support the driveshaft properly.
  • While loosening the driveshaft nut, do not let the vehicle weight bear on the wheel bearing.

INSTALLATION
Installation is the reverse of removal

NOTE:

1. Tighten the components to the specified torque as follows.
  2. Install the washer under the driveshaft nut with the convex side outward and tighten the nut.
  3. Check the quantity of oil in the differential carrier and fill if it is insufficient.
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

hope you can rate my service 5 star

Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you