s.c.2
s.c.2,
17920890

My battery is good near new and my car makes a clicking

Customer Question

My battery is good near new and my car makes a clicking sound and won't start can I jump start it or push start my car
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So to answer your question, you can try to jump start it. It won't hurt anything but it might not work depending on the problem. Also if it's a manual it won't hurt anything to coast or push start it
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 5 months ago.
May I ask how mechanical you are? And do you have a volt meter?The problem is most likely your starter or ignition switch. But I can explain how to test it if you have a volt meter.Let me know.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 5 months ago.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 5 months ago.
Can I assist further with this question?Let me know please.