Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My rear running lights and instrument lights are out until I

Customer Question

My rear running lights and instrument lights are out until I hit my break pedal. It is related to some type of relay. Where is the relay and how do I get a new one
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: Car has 179417 and is an 07. Battery is a couple yrs old
JA: What is the model of your '177417 Hyundai?
Customer: Santa Fe V6 2.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. Have done the electrical meter dance for an hour
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It only happened when I replaced my rear running bulbs with LED bulbs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The front parking lights do work?

If you remove the rear lamps, and install the OEM lamps does this resolve the concern?

If you remove the rear lamps, do the brakes applied still turn on the rear parking lights and the interior illumination lamps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Front parking lights work. Didn't remove the LEDs yet. And yea the break lights still work. In matter of fact when I apply the brakes the instrument cluster and rear running lights come on

Let me know when you can try these steps for me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Replaced the OEM with no result.
All brake lights work without the bulbs in
I still have no running lights nor dash illumination lights

With the parking lights on, under the hood are the RH and LH TAIL fuses powered?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry bud, I'm restoring power from server storms and am away from home working 16 hr days

No problem just trying to stay in touch before your post times out and closes on the 28th