Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

The front light assembly on my 2011 hyundai elantra is out

Customer Question

The front light assembly on my 2011 hyundai elantra is out and I suspect it's electrical, ie a fuse
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: I'm not sure which fuse is the correct one to check as the documentation sucks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a Xenon/HID system in the car. I've replaced the HID Ballast, and checked the interior fuse marked module 3
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have a replacement bulb on the way, and the indicator light in front went out when another mechanic looked at it, so a connection may be an issue as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The high beam is also out
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** problem on both left and right headlights? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just the left assembly
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Have you verified there is good ground going to assembly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
before the last mechanic looked at it, the HID would lash on and then turn off, and the indicator worked. I havent directly checked the grounding however
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Considering you are having problems with 3 lights that sounds like a ground problem since they all share the same ground. Check and let me know then we will go from there. Thanks.