George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Just coded a ?knock sensor malfunction? possible

Customer Question

just coded a ?knock sensor malfunction? possible causes.....oil is old, gonna get a flush and replacement in morning. gonna hit with can of seafoam. and clean the k&n air filter. could any one or a combo cause this? or do i need to replace?
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the spark plugs?
Customer: havent been doing long drives and have been ideling with ac on alot
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2013 accent
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. just saw light and found code at advance. drove it 5 minutes since code turned on. i could do the work myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 60000+miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

I'm a bit confused by your post. Would you mind clarifying whether you mean there is a code for the knock sensor circuit, or is it that the sensor detected engine knock and so the onboard computer set a code? Do you happen to have that code number?

I have to log out for the day. I’ll be back online ready to continue our conversation tomorrow from 2to 8 PM EST. Please contact customer service at you need immediate assistance.