rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2008 santa fe and i just service it but it is

Customer Question

i have a 2008 santa fe and i just service it but it is running rough
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i change the plugs and the oil, but it still runs rough
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: It is a 2.7L 4WD 200 MILE SINCEI CHANGE THE OIL
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE A FUEL PROBLEM
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Fist check for vacuum leaks if this is an idle issue only and clean the idle motor and throttle body. Check the computer for codes too, most parts stores will check it for free.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have clean the trottle body, so i check for vacuum leak and then have it hook up to the computer.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Yes please, this will tell us more information.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.