Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Azera drains batteries! Help! 4 gone in under two

Customer Question

2008 Azera drains batteries! Help! 4 gone in under two years!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Finding the source of a battery drain is not easy but it is something you can do at home with a digital volt meter. Can you do this test:

• Disconnect the battery negative cable.
  • Make it so you can access all fuse boxes without a door open or hood light on if applicable
  • Connect your meter to the negative post and negative cable.
  • Read the DC milli amps
  • The max should be no more than 80 mA
  • If excessive pull fuses and leave them out one by one till you find the circuit that drops the draw to correct level.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Need subtitles...! Don't own test equipment. Not a shade-tree!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Without owning a DVOM and knowing how to use it. Then you will not be able to diagnose and fix this concern yourself. A shop will need to do this test.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Went to a shop, yesterday. He disconnected the stereo, which was drawing down 0.6As. Hopefully, the solution.

Glad I could help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris