George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Had to keep turning key over and over all i got was a click.

Customer Question

had to keep turning key over and over all i got was a click. replaced starter started like a champ dvove home went out to car about 4 hours later turn key now i have everything but no click or start, battery is good checked. dont know were starter relay is at to check.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: car is in park also tried to put in neutral and start no go as fafe as wheel lock feature i dont know
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: santa fe 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked fuese and relays connections all seam good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: replaced starter yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to see if the relay is good. It is located in the under hood fuse/relay box. Please see attached diagram. It should have power all the time at one terminal, (#11) and at #13 when the key is turned to start.