Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified

We have a 2006 Hyundai Tucson with 2.7 litre engine, auto

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Hyundai Tucson with 2.7 litre engine, auto trans.172,000 kms. It ran well until 2 days ago, started to stall when de-accelerating , trans seemed to searching for the right gear. Auto shop could find no codes or duplicate the problem. i took a flyer and had them replace TPS based on my net research. After replacement problem did not appear in mechanics road test but trans would not shift except in manual mode. shop then "adjusted and tweaked" TPS and pronounced in "fixed". Halfway home, vehicle had rpm surges of approx 1000 rpm when at a stop in manual or auto and again would not shift except in "manual".
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure there are no fault codes setting then the next step would be to have your mechanic connect his scan tool to the car and then take it out for a drive and have him monitor the data stream to the engine controls system as well as the transmission to see which signal is dropping out or failing. If he can do this , the problem should be able to be narrowed down. If hes using the right type of scan tool the system really should be setting a fault code and or codes. If you can get theses for me, I will see if I can help you get this resolved.