George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

When I turn off the car the rear lights 't go off yesterday

Customer Question

When I turn off the car the rear lights don't go off yesterday a Neighbour reached in the car and did something to it and they went off I drove the car today and now the brake lights are still on
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: I wouldn't know where to look for that and what was it that he touched in the car and they went off right away I don't understand I don't know where the neighbor lives - cam
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I know it can be done because the neighbor did it yesterday there must be a switch inside or something I don't want the battery to run out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: We haven't had a problem with it we have two of them Sonata and an Elantra and we have never had problems like this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

What year and model Hyundai is this? Is it just the rear lights or do the head lights stay on as well?