Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2002 Santa Fe no spark out of coil : Replaced fuel pump just

Customer Question

2002 Santa Fe no spark out of coil
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced fuel pump just no spark from coil placed code reader on it no codes shown replaced crank shaft sensor
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 2.7 204000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than crank sensor and fuel pump also added gas to make sure that not it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: Cleaned out cats when got it about 6months ago no issues until this let it set up for about a month when went to crank would do nothing except turn over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My name is Joe

hey joe

how many miles on the car
do you have any other warning lights ?

Are these the only fault codes ? and what are they

where all the parts replace it because the faults indicated the at ?

ok i see 204k ,

replace fuel pump already ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No codes other than cats witch have been cleaned out

do you a security light on or flashing when you insert key in on position or is it flashing while you trying to crank it?

are you getting power to injectors even though fuel pump is running are they openning ,

are you getting power the igntion coils ?

and have you checked for ground on the igntion coils, & injector connector ?

please let me know

Thank You

Chad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced fuel pump replaced crank sensor checked relays for ecm and fuel tested all fuses none faltey have TCM flashing in dash
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That TCM is in far right conor of dash

security light?

do we have fuel pressure now to the rail and what is it ? after pump replacement?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can make fuel come on but will not pressure up

is your security light on

so we have very little fuel and no spark at this time correct ?

Is this how you checking it ?

Vehicle » Powertrain Management » Fuel Delivery and Air Induction » Fuel Pressure » Testing and Inspection » Component Tests and General Diagnostics

Advanced

2002 Hyundai Truck Santa Fe LX V6-2.7L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM Fuel Pressure Test 1. PREPARING 1. Open the service cover under the floor carpet. 2. RELEASE THE INTERNAL PRESSURE 1. Disconnect the fuel pump connector. 2. Start the engine and wait until fuel in fuel line is exhausted. 3. After the engine stalls, turn the ignition switch to OFF position and disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery. Note: Be sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel feed hose, otherwise fuel will spill out

Zoom and Print Options

Fuel Pressure Special Service Tool

3. INSTALL THE SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL (SST) FOR MEASURING THE FUEL PRESSURE
1. Disconnect the fuel feed hose from the delivery pipe.

Caution: Cover the hose connection with a shop towel to prevent splashing of fuel caused by residual pressure in the fuel line.

2. Install the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000) between the delivery pipe and the fuel feed hose.
3. Connect the Fuel Pressure Gage Connector (09353-24000) to the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000).
4. Connect the Fuel Pressure Gage and Hose (09353~41 00) to Fuel Pressure Gage Connector (09353-24000).
5. Connect the fuel feed hose to the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000).

4. INSPECT FUEL LEAKAGE ON CONNECTION
1. Connect the battery negative (-) terminal.
2. Apply battery voltage to the fuel pump terminal and activate the fuel pump. With fuel pressure applied, check that there is no fuel leakage from the fuel pressure gauge or connection part.

5. FUEL PRESURE TEST
1. Disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.
2. Connect the fuel pump connector.
3. Connect the battery negative (-) terminal.
4. Start the engine and measure the fuel pressure at idle.
Standard Value: 343 Kpa (3.5 kgf/cm cm, 49.8 psi)

Zoom and Print Options

Incorrect Pressure

If the measured fuel pressure differs from the standard value, perform the necessary repairs using the table below.

Zoom and Print Options

Pressure Drops

5. Stop the engine and check for a change in the fuel pressure gauge reading.
After engine stops, the gage reading should hold for about 5 minutes
Observing the declination of the fuel pressure when the gage reading drops and perform the necessary repairs using the table below.

6. RELEASE THE INTERNAL PRESSURE
1. Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
2. Start the engine and wait until fuel in fuel line is exhausted.
3. After the engine stalls, turn the ignition switch to OFF position and disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.

Note: Be sure to reduce the fuel pressure before dIsconnecting the fuel feed hose, otherwise fuel will spill out.

7. REMOVE THE SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL (SST) AND CONNECT THE FUEL LINE
1. Disconnect the Fuel Pressure Gage and Hose (09353-24100) from the Fuel Pressure Gage Connector (09353-24000).
2. Disconnect the Fuel Pressure Gage Connector (09353-24000) from the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000).
3. Disconnect the fuel feed hose from the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000).
4. Disconnect the Fuel Pressure Gage Adapter (09353-38000) from the delivery pipe.

5. Connect the fuel feed hose to the delivery pipe.

8. INSPECT FUEL LEAKAGE ON CONNECTION
3. If the vehicle is normal, connect the fuel pump connector.

I m stepping out for a little bit to get some dinner be back in an 1hr and we will continue , please try to answer my question so i can help you

Thank you

Chad ( aka -Customer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks don't have ability to do that will take to dealer thanks for your time
You welcomeHope I was helpful to youA positive rating is much aprciiatedThis post will stay open for you to come back and aske any follow up questions you may have on this issue .Good luckThank you
Chad. ( aka-Customer