Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

My 2011 Veracruz Has a fairly loud whirring sound coming

Customer Question

My 2011 Veracruz
Has a fairly loud whirring sound coming from engine compartment.
The pitch changes with acceleration.
60000 miles on original belt
What is it?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

HI there,

It's difficult to tell exactly what is making the noise. The only way to tell is to remove the belt, then spin the drive pulley's by hand. Sometimes you can feel the bearing binding up or hear the whirring noise if you spin the pulley. This is likely either the alternator bearings or the belt tensioner pulley itself. Again, the only way to tell is to take the belt off and spin the pulley's.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!