sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I lost audio (volume) on radio and navigation and am looking

Customer Question

i lost audio (volume) on radio and navigation and am looking to see what fuse is needed to replace.
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: fuse box located, fuse removal tool is in hand, but fuse panel description does not match the owners' manual
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2013 hyundai elantra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am, i pulled the fuse for "module 3" and replaced, but problem still exists.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: everything works, just don't have sound coming to radio and navigation system. i made sure mute controls were deactivated, no phone connected etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio still seems to function but you have lost sound then I'm assuming you have the optional amplifier. It's possible that you could have a blown fuse but it's more likely that the amp has either failed or is locked up. You may be able to get it to work again temporarily with a battery disconnect or removing it's fuses to remove power from it. The fuses you'll want to check are module 6, amp 1 and amp 2.